Thursday, December 07, 2006

My birthday was pretty fun. I basically relaxed all day, watched Sex and the City, talked to friends and family on the phone. That night, after Len got home, we brought me my birthday present...it was so thoughtful because I had been wanting one of these for forever. It is an advent calendar, he had to order it from the store because there weren't anymore left and he didn't think it would get here on time, but it arrived exactly on time! It is wooden and each little door opens and when you open them it plays "Santa clause is coming to town" and the little townspeople on the top dance around, it is so cute! This was truly a thoughtful gift, because anyone who knows me, knows that I love christmas! What is crazy is I was looking for one of these online all night one night recently at work, but I wanted to get one before December and I didn't think it would be possible, so I was like, oh well, maybe next year. I have the best boyfriend ever! Here is the picture of it!Then after I was done playing with my present, we went downtown to eat dinner at Tony's. It is this little Italian place with a gorgeous view of the water! The food was really good too! Let's see next we went to the movies and saw Deck the Halls..it is a christmas movie, what can I say, I'm a sucker for them! It was a really cute movie, plus it had Kristen Davis in it from Sex and the City and I just love her, and she co-starred w/ Matthew Broderick in this movie, who is the husband of Sara Jessica Parker, Kristen's co-star from Sex and the City...tell me that wasn't cool for them to do a movie together, and probably a little awkward for those kissing scenes! The next day I got all of my christmas shopping done! Yay, so now I can relax the rest of the season! Except I am still wrapping the darn things...I was almost done wrapping when I ran out of tape...I went through 3 rolls! I love to make my own bows, so I think that is how I ran out! haha...The house is decorated for christmas too! We got our tree the Saturday after thanksgiving and decorated the house that weekend..it was so much fun! I love to decorate for christmas or really for anything at all!! Here are some pictures!
This is the kitchen table


Here is a picture of the dining room table setting


Here are our stockings


Here is the tree lit up at night


Here is the tree again


Here is the living room


The front door


The house at night

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oooooh, your tree is beautiful Danielle and so are the rest of your decorations! Ya'll have a stocking for Ike?? That's so cute!!

8:00 PM  
Blogger The Leys said...

Danielle! Your house is so stinkin cute! I love it! But most of all, I love that Advent Calendar! I may have to steal that idea for Chris- he'd LOVE THAT!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I LOVE advent calendars! We had one growing up, and me and TK were sooo excited to get the candy out everyday! I need to get one now! I love your house danielle, it is absolutely beautiful. i love you and miss you and still need to hear your crazy idea!! =)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Oh shoot Danny girl! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday...=( Happy Late birthday!

p.s. your tree is freakin' HUGE. you always did have a thing for christmas decor huh.....wasn't it YOU who had the bright idea to buy a christmas tree from big lots (when everyone was so poor), turned out nicely I'd say........oh yeah, and was it you and jillo who stole decorations from the BCM winter formal???? huh?? sad I tell ya, funny, but sad! I want you to come make me laugh again!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home