Monday, October 23, 2006

Mom and Nichole's visit

Last weekend was so fun! It started out pretty chaotic, though. Thursday, my mom and sister, Nichole were going to fly in to Chattanooga around 1pm. Well, maybe in a fantasy world! They flew to Atlanta from Pensacola and they cancelled their flight to Chattanooga, so Len and I had to drive in the horrible 5:00 Atlanta-in-the-rain traffic...the worst kind there is! Talk about 5 hours just to get to the airport (usually it takes 2 1/2hrs tops). We literally moved 0.6miles within a 2 hour timeframe. UHH!! Then we picked up my mom and sister and started to head toward the Cheesecake Factory, or so we thought. We ended up circling interstate 285 (which is a circle) for like 30 minutes then finally turned around and eventually we found it! It was so yummy! We don't have one here, so it was really a special treat! I hate Atlanta, but I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory!! So the next day, Friday, we went to the Chattanooga airport to pick up their luggage and then we went shopping ALL DAY!! I spent too much money and it was cold that day so I wore boots, and they made my feet hurt soooo bad! That night we ate dinner at Provino's Italian, they have such wonderful food. Then we went to see a movie, The Prestige. That was an awesome movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you really have to, it was excellent! The next day, Saturday, Nichole and mom cooked us breakfast, mmm! I think I am still full from that breakfast! Then we went to the Riverpark, which is a local park that is all along the side of the Tennessee river and we walked along the sidewalk and enjoyed the views. Then we swung on the swings, and played some wiffle ball. That night I cooked dinner and then we all played Taboo...I know it doesn't seem like it, but Taboo can get pretty competitive, something about that game brings out the competitive nature from within people! Afterwards me and Nichole watched Home Alone. The next day was so sad because they were leaving. We dropped them off at the airport and said our goodbyes! :( Luckily this time, they were not stranded at the Atlanta airport on the way home! I miss them already. We had the best time just hanging out w/ one another and laughing so much...I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I guess the next time I will see everyone will be on Christmas, (hopefully) if I get off of work! Here are some pictures of the weekend.






5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i love all these pictures. they are so beautiful..i love the fall colors. and nichole really is soo cute. i always loved her. im basically in love with your sisters, especially MY little cori..hehe! i miss you so much nyell, and also hope you can come home to me for christmas.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! thats what happens when you sit in a little cubicle in front of a computer screen for 40 hours every week!! =) I looooove you!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What pretty pictures! I want to live somewhere where the leaves actually change colors like that! And you better come home for Christmas Danielle! Or no present for you! :)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Dang girl, thanks for the warning about the tree stand!! I asked Rhett if he has ever fallen off and he said no. I would be sooo sad if he fell off and got hurt! I don't think Aubbie's costume bothered her too much, I think she was too distracted by the other dogs to even notice!! But I'm always putting shirts on her and stuff! He he he! I'm nuts! I love you!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That is so awesome Danielle!! I wondered which floor plan ya'll had!! It is sooo open and it does seem a lot bigger than it really is! We love it! It's going to be perfect for us! So ya'll had a fireplace as well? Was ya'lls electric or woodburning? I love you! I can't wait till you come home for Xmas!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home