Monday, September 18, 2006

Just an ordinary day


Well, this weekend was nothing extraordinary…just your “run of the mill,” same old, same old. This past Saturday was like any other, I sat on the porch and watched Len working in the yard (which is like his pride and joy), and then I got to thinking, as I always do, about life. Funny, isn’t it? I never would have thought that I would ever be this domesticated, or that something as simple as sitting on the porch would bring me so much enjoyment. I guess some people would say that my life is boring. But, I find that I am completely content with just doing nothing for now. I’m happy just reading a book or magazine, even doing the laundry and cleaning the house. I’m sure that one day I will have children and my life will be hectic, and I will look back upon these precious moments of peace and quiet in remembrance of something great, so I guess this is why I am cherishing these moments now. I love these precious moments of having no agenda, no responsibility; I can just sit around with Len and enjoy each other’s company.

We take walks at night with the dog. We talk about the future…things such as who we want to be, where do we want to go, etc. I love the fact that life can lead us anywhere, I mean, who knows where we will be in 10 years, it could be anywhere, and I love that we have choices that could lead us anywhere! The randomness of life is exhilarating! Well, I just realized that I this is getting sappy. So I will end with this: “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance - and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.” Oprah Winfrey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Danielle, I don't think your life is boring at all...in fact, it sounds great to me and a lot like mine! I love the stability and consistency of being with the ones I love every day...there's nothing better than that! Lot's of people would love to have your "boring" life! You are too cute! Love you!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Danielle, I totally agree with you on the randomness of life. I love love love taking walks with ruco and talking about all the places I want to live and travel, and all the things we want to be and do! Its so fun that life is so unpredictable!! I love you!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs. J Manny said...

danielle, i love you! i think these same things. i got home this afternoon and was sitting on my swing and justin came outside and asked what i was doing and i said nothing, isnt that great. i just loved sitting there listening to all the sounds and looking in the window at him reading. you're so right, one day it wont be like that and so we have to enjoy it! ill see you in a week!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home